streams

streams

Monday, April 30, 2012

Yes, we should!

I’ve been on the same train of thought for a few days now. I’m still not done processing it.

How do we know when to make binding commitments, to pursue our dreams, to invest in something? How do we use our strengths to climb out of holes? When do we know when, “Yes, we can!” needs to become, “Yes, we should”?

I lay everything out before God: my strengths, my weaknesses, my aspirations, my motives, my desire for affirmation, my vanity, my anxieties, my yearning for happiness, my eagerness to please my loved ones, my predilection for security, my desire to do God’s will, to be a conduit for His love, to bring Him glory. I ask the Holy Spirit to sort through all of this and to help me come up with a plan. I write everything down. I ask for HIS power and wisdom.

I invest my time and energy into projects, once I feel I have God’s approval. I consult Him daily. I have to admit that as soon as I hit obstacles, I question if I heard God right! When I’m tempted to quit, I pause to pray. I call out to God for help. I express my frustrations. I ask for His affirmation. Sometimes this takes a very long time to come, because my insecurities are battling within me. Eventually, His peace comes over me, and I resume on the path He has laid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment