streams

streams

Friday, April 20, 2012

Soul Mate

A friend of mine, who is a divorced, single mom, asked me to pray that God would send her a soul mate.

I immediately sent out a prayer for her. I also thanked God for my husband, my longest companion. We have faced many trials together, and he has been fighting alongside me for the last 25 years.

I have also been blessed with Soul-sisters. My real sister, who has gone through so much with me, as well as my good friends who understand me to the core.

We all desire someone to have deep, intimate conversations with, someone we can rely on, lean on--someone to share our suffering, our fears, and our hopes. We want to connect at the soul level.

Yet I wonder if any human being can know us as intimately as our Lord? He has been with us from the beginning, even before our souls were formed. He has been our constant companion, fought every battle, and been there to clean up every mess. He goes before us, bearing the brunt of the enemy’s attacks.

“The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you.”
(2 Corinthians 13:13-24 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment