streams

streams

Monday, October 29, 2012

Fuzzy Eyes

Last time I went to a football game, I noticed that the majority of the crowd had fuzzy eyes. This is my term for that slightly drunken look people have, when their eyes don’t seem completely focused. It feels surreal to be one of the few sober people walking among a semi-conscious crowd. I’m saddened when I see people tripping and falling down the bleachers. I’m burdened knowing that these people will be driving home. Since I’m a mom of a young adult, I get depressed watching the college students, as they make poor choices that will lead to harmful repercussions. Paradoxically, fuzzy-eyed people seem to be having fun, while those who see clearly are sad.

This world is full of semi-conscious individuals. We walk around in a daze, unaware, oblivious, fuzzy-eyed. We want to have a good time, be entertained, spend our days in shallow, superficial pursuits. Occasionally, during moments of enlightenment, we see how messed up this world is. We realize how screwed up our priorities are. Sobriety is uncomfortable. We go back to the soft-focus, blurry, semi-conscious life. Follow the fuzzy-eyed masses in a state of stupor into oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment