streams

streams

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Getting Through

Recently, I had the opportunity to go watch a college football game with my husband. During half-time, we walked down to the concession area like everyone else. We ended up just stuck in a sea of people, going in every direction, moving about an inch every minute. Then my husband spotted this big guy, built like a linebacker, ahead of us. My husband suggested that I try to get right behind that guy and stick close. So I did, and we got through that crowd in no time!

Last week was a really slow-moving week for me. Lots of factors beyond my control were bogging me down. I felt stuck. Then I spotted Jesus in front of me. I got right behind HIM, stuck close, and I was able to get through.

Here is an interesting side note to this story. A few months ago, a friend of mine got into looking online for images of Jesus. We would send each other images that we found inspiring. Well, last week, I really needed a visual image--a picture of Jesus that looked big and strong. I ran into this image by Simon Dewey that I particularly liked.
The Good Shepherd by Simon Dewey
 
I know it’s kind of old-fashioned to use religious images and icons. But, sometimes when I’m feeling weak, I revert to old comforting habits from my childhood. I just kept visualizing Jesus ahead of me, moving purposefully, blocking obstacles, clearing the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment