streams

streams

Saturday, October 27, 2012

God-Centered

I don’t think of myself as a ‘religious’ person, perhaps because I associate religion with institutionalized church. I tend to disagree with much of the church dogma. Most people who hang out with me know that I’m more worldly than spiritual. My writing reflects my idealistic intentions, not necessarily my day-to-day habits.

I try to live a God-centered life. What else is worth centering my life on?

Most of us don’t think much about what our lives revolve around…our egos, public displays of our greatness (jobs, houses, wealth, ambition), or relationships (which validate our human need for affection). Occasionally, I meet someone who claims that their life revolves around nothing. They tend to orbit around a black hole of hopelessness and cynicism.

Faced with these options, I attempt to live a God-centered life. I continually want to move forward in the direction of my desire and will, yet God’s gravity pulls me in. If this makes me look like a religious fanatic, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment