streams

streams

Monday, October 22, 2012

Teacher's Notes

My son is learning statistics this year. Since he’s home schooled, that means I’m his teacher. The Statistics curriculum didn’t come with a teacher’s manual. I work out each problem ahead of time and show all my work in a notebook. I also write suggestions in the margins--formulas to review, websites that might be helpful to the concept, problems to skip, extra problems that are relevant to his interests and current events, etc. As my son works on his statistics problems, I sit by him, while he studies the lessons and examples. When he gets to the exercises, I leave him to work independently. But I’ve told him to look at my ‘Teacher’s Notes’ any time he feels stuck. I’ve also asked him to check his answers after each problem, to make sure he’s on the right track.

I wonder if God has worked out the solutions to all our problems ahead of time? I bet He has!

“Your teacher will be right there,…urging you on whenever you wander left or right: ‘This is the right road. Walk down this road.” (Isaiah 30:21 MSG)

God is the Greatest Teacher. He must have clear, detailed, step-by-step solutions to every exercise. He knows when to sit with us and when to let us work independently. However, we always have access to His ‘Teacher’s Notes’, so that we can check our work and make sure we are on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment