streams

streams

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Obedience

As many of my friends know, I’ve been praying for direction on the next phase of my life. I’ve spent the last 17 years as a stay-at-home mom and wife. So I’ve been presenting God with all my options/preferences and asking HIM to point me in the right direction. I’ve been asking what my next big project is going to be. I have yet to receive an answer on that question, but I did hear from Him about something I never asked about.

Yesterday morning, I sensed a nudge that I should stop nagging my son. Where did THAT come from?

Lord, I consult you about really important matters, and you tell me to do trivial things. I ask you BIG questions, and you give me small answers…All right!…Fine!…I’ll try my best,…OK?

Obedience is conforming to another’s will, staying on-track. Thus disobedience leads to derailment.

What happens when a train is derailed? Let’s say a train is traveling along on its prescribed track. Maybe it’s going too fast around a curve, or maybe some flaw causes the rails to be misaligned, and the train leaves its tracks. The result is a train wreck!

When I obey God, I stay in alignment with His plan. Whether in small matters or on big projects, I need to conform to His design. I must submit to HIS will.

No comments:

Post a Comment