streams

streams

Monday, December 1, 2014

Playing Games with God

(Acts Study)
“Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn’t play hide-and-seek with us. He’s not remote; he’s near. We live and move in him, can’t get away from him!” (Acts 17:24-29 MSG)

Many of us are seekers, but few of us claim to be finders.

Today, I have a certain amount of space and time--probably about 12 hours left before I fall asleep again. I can use this to either ‘grope around in the dark’--busying myself with worldly tasks and concerns--or, I can ‘live and move and exist’ in God. How do I do this? How can I continually depend on God--so that every thought, emotion, and action is influenced by HIM? I don’t know...

“It was God who kept us focused on him, uncompromised.” (2 Cor. 1:12-14 MSG)

Maybe that’s it?! I am already dependent on God for everything. I am already living, moving, and existing under His power. Right now, I am being sustained and upheld by Him--just as I have been all my life. Just because I keep my eyes closed tightly while groping around searching for God, doesn’t mean He is playing games. All I have to do is open my eyes and acknowledge that God is right here encompassing everything, taking care of everything. God isn’t playing hide-and-seek, but I am--and I am making it much more challenging than it needs to be.

God, please help me to open my eyes and keep them open. Keep my eyes unblinkingly focused on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment