streams

streams

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Practicing Faith

My friend, S.R., has probably taught me more about faith than all the books I have read combined. She has been battling cancer for the last several years. Recently, she received news that the last course of experimental treatment was not working. After she gave me the update, she sent me the following message:
“It will be fine. It’s all about practicing our faith and knowing we are in God’s hands.” (S.R. 11/19/2014 text message)

I was feeling an overwhelming sense of sadness for her, but she was reminding me that it was time to put into practice all that she had learned and then passed on to me.
-Faith does not exempt us from suffering, but it enables us to rely on God who is sturdier than anything this world has to offer.
-God is merciful. He calls forth light in the darkest hours, strength when our resources are completely depleted, and peace in the midst of uncertainty.
-What is truly valuable, inspiring, and life-changing may be  delivered in unexpected packaging.
-Complete confidence in God helps us to respond to any situation with a positive attitude.
-When we are desperate and don’t know how to pray, the Holy Spirit will take over.

Lord, I trust in thee; Thy will be done; Christ have mercy.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers of Strength and Courage are being sent for your friend and for you as this cancer affects you too. Letting go and letting God is what must be done when life is totally out of our control. When you look back on situations when you had no choice but to let go, you begin to see that God does indeed take over.

    ReplyDelete