streams

streams

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Where am I?

Over the last few years, I have been praying for guidance. I was in a transitional period of life--unsure about what to do in the next phase. I feel like I have found my place now...I’m not sure where I am though. But, it feels right!

I feel like my mind has gone through some remodeling. The first half of my life was all about doing, but now that I’m in the second half of life, I’m more focused on being. During the first half, I was motivated by ambitions, accomplishments, acquisitions, desires, and public validation. I wanted to change the world, make a significant impact, be remembered and respected by others. I am still bothered by these things, but to a lesser extent than before.

This place where I am...I didn’t get here by myself. I have been guided here. It is a place of light, truth, warmth, and belonging. It’s more a state of being than doing; being in God’s presence and attending to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment