streams

streams

Friday, December 19, 2014

Winter Protection

I am not a fan of winter, but I have learned to accept it as part of living in the Midwest. As long as I can stay indoors, I am less bothered by this weather.

If I could always stay in the light and warmth of God’s presence, I wouldn’t be bothered by the bitter coldness of my external circumstances.

"If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home." (Ps. 91:9-10 NLT) 
“I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.” (John 16:33 MSG)
Lord, guide us with your light and truth into Your presence--where no evil can harm us. Help us to feel the peace that comes from trusting You. Remind us that You have power and control over every difficulty we experience. May we remain cocooned in Your protective warm presence.

2 comments:

  1. I actually sat quietly saying a prayer to God this morning asking him to protect my Family & Friends from the harshness and dangers of Winter this morning. Winter is such a mental fight for me and I prayed for strength to get through yet another winter. That includes you my friend since I know we both have about the same love for winter.

    ReplyDelete