streams

streams

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Stay Attentive

Recently, I was watching a TV show on dating etiquette. The woman kept texting her best friend instead of paying attention to the man. As I was watching, I realized that I am also guilty of similar rudeness.

My heart’s desire is to stay attentive to God at all times. Yet, I allow human concerns to distract me. When familiar fears and worries call out to me, I reply.  As I react and respond to them, I become disengaged from the One who loves me.
“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” (Matthew 6:34 MSG)

We cannot be consumed by God if our worries consume us. Even though our fears keep pestering us, we don’t have to let them in. We can stay attentive to God, responding only to His love, and trusting Him to take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment