streams

streams

Monday, March 30, 2015

Deferred Hope

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.” (Proverbs 13:12 NLT)

Lord, for years I have been asking You--that You would reveal Yourself in ways that we can recognize, that You would heal us of all physical, mental, and spiritual illnesses, that You would guard us from evil, that You would guide us, comfort us, and strengthen us.

My heart feels heavy with deferred hope. How long must I wait, Lord? Why are You so slow?! I have been counting on Your promises. I am confident in Your ability, but your timing doesn’t make sense to me. Yes, I feel discouraged and impatient!

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3 NASB)

Lord, I need help while I am waiting--regular updates on how You are working, renewed strength, fresh hope, constant reassurance. Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment