streams

streams

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Romantic Husbands

Sometimes I watch stupid TV when I’m on the treadmill. It gives me an excuse to unleash my mid-workout crankiness by yelling at the TV.

So, the other day, I’m sweating and huffing away--and here comes a contest for the ‘Most Romantic Husband Award.’ As the husbands line up like pageant contestants, their wives explain how romantic their men are. Most of it centers around  fancy dinners, exotic trips, elaborate surprises, and lavish gifts. Since when did romance become so materialistic?
I know a man who supports his wife as she battles cancer. Every few weeks, he drives her over a thousand miles for treatment. He has stayed strong and stoic while having to watch his wife in pain. Now, THAT is romantic!

I know another man who was basically disowned by his family for marrying the woman he loves. For the last 18 years, he hasn’t talked to his parents, siblings, cousins, or old friends. He pours all his love into his wife and kids. Now, THAT is romantic!

I know men who raise their stepchildren as lovingly as they raise their biological children. I know men who sacrifice their dreams and ambitions to provide their families with stability and security. I know men who consistently stay involved, even when relationships get messy. Now, THAT is romantic!

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to be married to one of "THAT" romantic type of man.

    ReplyDelete