streams

streams

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mother-In-Prayer

“Now I’m turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends.” (Acts 20:32 MSG)

I don’t know if I will ever be a Mother-in-law, but I have already become a Mother-In-Prayer. Let me explain. Over the years, I ‘adopted’ a bunch of boys and girls for whom I pray regularly. Most of them are young adults now. I lift them up to the Lord as they struggle through the challenges of each phase of maturity.  I rejoice when they make it over each obstacle; I feel pain when they fall down.

Prayers for these ‘adopted’ children flow effortlessly from a peaceful part of my heart, whereas the pleas for the son I have birthed are often weighted with worry and fear. I find it easier to release other people’s children to God.

Being a Mom-In-Prayer is wonderfully satisfying. Here is short prayer I use:

Lord, I’m turning  ____ over to you. Make him into the person YOU want him to be. Give him everything he could possibly need to be set apart for Your purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment