streams

streams

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spirit Light

“‘This is my promise to them,’ says the LORD. ‘My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I put in your mouth will not leave you. They will be with your children and your grandchildren permanently,’ says the LORD.” (Isaiah 59:21 GWT)

On frigid winter days, I’m hesitant to go outside. The wind and cold temperatures are uncomfortable. Bulky clothing prevents me from moving freely. I’m afraid of  getting into a car accident while driving in snow or ice. I become housebound--limiting my access to sunlight, people, and opportunities. Thus my need to avoid discomfort, powerlessness, and fear keeps me from functioning effectively.

God has promised that His Spirit will be within all of us permanently. Yet we can’t always sense this Spirit. Thus, we operate from a superficial, human mindset. We are reluctant to access the light that is available to us. We can’t express the thoughts and words of the Spirit when we aren’t exposed to them. Our desire for comfort, control, and security prevents us from facing the Spirit Light.

“Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight. God’s bright glory has risen for you. The whole earth is wrapped in darkness, all people sunk in deep darkness. But God rises on you, his sunrise glory breaks over you.” (Isaiah 60:1-2 MSG)

1 comment:

  1. You and I are a lot alike when it comes to Winter weather and inner dislikes and fears.

    Everytime I get in any vehicle I say a prayer. "Please protect me and everyone inside this car, as well as everyone on the roads with us today, to arrive at our destinations, safely, without incident. Thank you for your protection."

    I also say a similar prayer when I am walking outside on those rare days I am willing to brave the cold because I want to get outside into the LIGHT He has provided.

    ReplyDelete