streams

streams

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Set Things Right

“Our Father in heaven, reveal who you are. Set the world right. Do what’s best.” (Matt. 6:7 MSG)

When I pray, I ask God to make everything and everybody alright. I want health, peace, prosperity, freedom from suffering and pain, wholeness, comfort, happiness, love, stability, and security. I assume that God wants the same things as I do. But maybe what is acceptable from God’s perspective is different than my ideas. Even though I try not to conform to the world, my vision is inadvertently influenced by my environment.  

“Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.” (Romans 12:2 GWT)

Lord, I continually ask you to make things okay, but, according to my expectations. Change my perspective so that I can accept whatever is acceptable to You.

1 comment:

  1. Last night as I laid awake for a long time I started praying for my family and friends, asking God to do what I thought needed to be done in their situations. Then it hit me how presumptuous I was, to assume I knew the way God should work in their lives. So I stopped asking God to DO something and simply lifted their names to Heaven, presenting them before the God who knows and sees and has the power and insight to do.

    ReplyDelete