streams

streams

Friday, March 13, 2015

Fault Lines

“Cleanse me from these hidden faults...Don’t let them control me.” (Psalm 19:12-13 NLT)

Most earthquakes happen around fault lines which are deep cracks on the earth’s crust. Many of us are unaware of the hidden fault lines within us.

I’ve got some cracks that are as big as the San Andreas fault line in California! These fractures have been made evident to me from previous upheavals. Yet, I’m sure there are even more hidden faults lurking below my surface. I feel devastated when these flaws take control and affect those around me.

However, earthquakes can also reveal treasures. Gold, quartz, and other precious minerals are often found along fault lines. Similarly, there are precious truths about ourselves that are uncovered along our fractures. In our brokenness, we discover grace; in our weaknesses, we find God’s strength; in our suffering, we find empathy for others. God builds our lives--taking our fault lines into consideration, while also revealing the treasures buried deep within us.  

May my words and my thoughts be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my sheltering rock and my redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14 NET)

No comments:

Post a Comment