streams

streams

Monday, May 20, 2019

Continuing Education

“As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.” (1 John 2:27 NIV)

Authors naturally lean toward topics they know about and emotions they have experienced. I tend to write about what I am currently studying. In general, I am a curious person who enjoys intellectual pursuits. I love learning new things, but sometimes I get stuck. And, since my writing reflects what I am trying to understand, these same topics appear over and over again.

This is the 2000th post on this blog. In my search to know God better, I have had to grapple with my prior religious education and cultural conditioning. In order to differentiate between what is true and what is counterfeit, I continually sift and evaluate common teachings, traditional biases, and conventional precepts. Like a prospector panning for gold, I stand in the stream of Scripture, attentively examining everything that flows through the sieve of my mind. Not everything I find is gold; yet, everything requires close inspection. This can be tedious and repetitive, but it is part of the process of study. I shall continue to seek truth. My writing is mostly field notes to myself, a tool for learning and review. I share these study notes in the hope that they may be beneficial to others--with the caveat that my understanding is incomplete and always will be.  



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 2000th post. I know it's laborious at times. I enjoy knowing how you think!

    ReplyDelete