streams

streams

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

God's Provision

“I am the LORD your God. I rescued you from Egypt. Just ask, and I will give you whatever you need.” (Psalm 81:10 CEV)

This morning, I am praying for three specific people:
--A friend who is waiting for a pathology report to see if her cancer has spread.
--A friend who is facing pressure at work for speaking up for the voiceless.
--A young person who needs guidance and encouragement.


These people are in need. I am powerless to fix their issues. I fight off my natural tendency to wallow in cynicism, fear, and despair--for this only blocks access to grace. Instead, I roll up my sleeves, plant my feet firmly in faith, and lean heavily on God. Those who are in crisis may not be able to see or think clearly.  Thus, it is up to us who support them to hold them up to the Lord. Remind them of past battles--when things seemed hopeless and overwhelming. God rescued us for His purpose; He will provide everything we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment