streams

streams

Friday, May 17, 2019

Prayerful Surrender

“I replied, ‘But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the LORD’s hand; I will trust God for my reward.’” (Isaiah 49:4 NLT)

The absence of visible progress often leads to discouragement. When we have spent all our energy but have nothing to show for it--our work seems pointless. Hopelessness sets in. We throw up our hands in despair. Do not mistake this as prayerful surrender.

The presence of faith leads to encouragement. Trust allows us to hand over our concerns to God in complete confidence. We realize our limitations, but we do not become unhinged. Instead, we recognize God’s power behind every aspect of our lives. This is prayerful surrender.

“A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see.” (My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers)

Entrusting our lives to God’s hands rarely leads to comfort and safety. Expect to be stretched. God is aiming at purposes we cannot  yet perceive. Prayerfully surrender to His wisdom and strength. Stay pliable. Yield to Him in complete confidence. Remember that you are an instrument in His hands; thus, He is the source of power.  Trust in God’s aim.


No comments:

Post a Comment