streams

streams

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Shame Showers

“For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.” (James 3:16 KJV)

A long time ago, I used to work in a hospital laboratory. Sections of the lab were sealed off for tests that involved biohazard organisms and chemicals. Workers were required to follow safety protocols. We had personal protection equipment like gloves, masks, respirators, disposable suits, etc. In the event of a spill or accidental contact with a toxin, we were instructed to shower upon exiting the lab.

For those of us who have family of origin issues, some bio-relatives can be biohazardous. It is critical to follow safety protocols after any contact. First of all, identify sources of toxicity and minimize exposure. Protect your mind from strife, envy, confusion, exploitation, contempt, and shame. Decontaminate your soul as soon as possible. Disengage from emotional manipulators, habitual deceivers, and bullies. If derision is smeared on you, take a shame shower. Don’t allow it to infect you. Avoid becoming a carrier of this disease.


Lord, help me to identify individuals and situations that are hazardous to my spirit. When I am exposed to toxicity, teach me how to decontaminate my mind so that I don’t spread harm to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment