streams

streams

Friday, July 5, 2019

Daily Check

“Let's take a good look at the way we're living and reorder our lives under God.” (Lamentations 3:40 MSG)

Every morning, I use my coffee maker to make a full pot of coffee. I throw away the paper filter with yesterday’s coffee grounds, rinse out the carafe, put in a new filter, scoop in coffee powder, and fill the coffee maker with new water. Then, I wait. The water heats up; the coffee percolates--transferring its  essence into the water; the filter strains what I need into the pot. This first cup of coffee sets the tone for my day. 

Even on days when I am in a rush, I never reuse yesterday’s coffee grounds or just add new coffee powder into the old filter. Each day gets a fresh filter and new coffee powder.

Similarly, every morning I wait for a fresh perspective from the Holy Spirit. I do not use yesterday’s filter. I examine my mind. I pass my thoughts, actions, words, and attitude through a clean spirit. I move forward where the Lord leads and pause when He pulls me back. I take a good look at the way I am living and reorder my life under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment