streams

streams

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Portals of Power

“For my weakness becomes a portal to God’s power.” (2 Corinthians 12:10 TPT)

At the end of a recent marathon, the ‘runners recovery zone’ was cordoned off from the spectators. I wandered out from the area and had a difficult time finding my way back in to meet my husband as he crossed the finish line. I walked around the metal barricades looking for an entryway. Eventually, I found a gap between the barriers and got back in. This allowed me to meet my husband as he finished, bring him water and warm clothes, and stay with him while he recovered. 

Similarly, I imagine God walking around the mental barricades that we have put up around our pain, searching for an access point. The limitations in our abilities, the gaps in our defenses, become the portals of God’s power. His grace finds full expression in our weaknesses. For it is in times of fragility that we are most able to sense the power of God. Thus, our deficiencies and difficulties can be useful, if we allow the Lord to come in and take over. HIS sufficiency  more than compensates for our insufficiency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment