streams

streams

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Reapply

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, and he has anointed me to be hope for the poor, freedom for the brokenhearted, and new eyes for the blind, and to preach to prisoners,” (Luke 4:18 TPT)
I apply bug spray before I leave my house to run. After a few hours of sweating, it wears off, and the bugs start attacking me. The other day, I was running near a playground at the park. I noticed a mom sitting on a bench watching her child play. During one of my laps, I saw the kid standing in front of his mom, his arms raised up, and turning around as instructed. The parent was reapplying bug spray. I almost thought about going up to her and asking to be sprayed down as well! 
Before I go about my daily activities, I ask for God’s anointing upon me. His guidance, strength, and protection cover me as I head out the door. Unfortunately, I notice that my ability to sense His presence wears down as the day progresses. The concerns of this world attack me, and I find myself feeling overwhelmed.  I must remember that God is always near, waiting to reapply His anointing again and again as needed. All I have to do is go up to Him, raise my hands in prayer and praise, and turn as instructed. 
Lord, remind me to come to you frequently today, to stand before you as reapply Your Spirit upon me. Anoint me to bring hope to those who lack reserves,  freedom to those who are oppressed, and fresh eyes to those who are oblivious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment