streams

streams

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

My Compelling Focus

“I admit that I haven’t yet acquired the absolute fullness that I’m pursuing, but I run with passion into his abundance so that I may reach the purpose that Jesus Christ has called me to fulfill and wants me to discover.  I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12-14 TPT)

A person’s sense of style can often reveal their personality and their priorities. Conformists wear whatever is trendy, status seekers buy expensive clothes and accessories, and rebels dress in counter-culture attire. Color, fit, and confidence are the keys to a good sense of style. 

I have always admired people who know who they are and express their uniqueness. I enjoy colorful clothes and fun accessories. However, something has shifted within me. I can still appreciate someone with a good sense of style, but I find myself focusing less on the way I look. To others, it may seem that I have “let myself go”--that I have become lazy or careless about my physical appearance. This is partially true. I am no longer bothered by optics. My mind is occupied by other priorities. Maturity brings a sense of urgency, a realization of how limited our time on earth really is. I do not want to fritter away my healthy years maintaining an image, seeking applause,  distracting myself with pleasure, accumulating stuff, or otherwise adorning my ego. It is time to let myself go...to focus on God’s purpose.
  
“So let all who are fully mature have this same passion, and if anyone is not yet gripped by these desires, God will reveal it to them. And let us all advance together to reach this victory-prize, following one path with one passion. (Philippians 3:15-16 TPT)

No comments:

Post a Comment