streams

streams

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Pause in His Presence


“Be still upon your bed and search your heart before him. Pause in his presence. Bring to Yahweh the sacrifice of righteousness and put your trust in him.” (Psalm 4:4-5 TPT)

When I can’t sleep at night, I sing in my head. Often bits and pieces of one song get stuck in my mind. Last night, it was “Oceans” by Hillsong. Anyone who has heard it knows that the lyrics, melody, and arrangement of the song are beautiful. But my favorite part is the long pause before the bridge. The vocals stop. The instruments go silent. For several moments, everyone waits in the presence of God. It is a time to reflect on what has been sung thus far. It builds anticipation for what is coming next:

“Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, 

let me walk upon the waters, wherever You would call me. 

Take me deeper than my feet would ever wander, 

that my faith would be made stronger, in the presence of my Savior.” (lyrics from “Oceans” by Hillsong)

 

As you spend time communing with God, remember to take moments of complete silence. Be still. Search your heart before him. Take time to reflect. Wait in quiet anticipation for what God is about to bring into your mind next. Remain trusting. Let your prayers be guided by the Spirit.  Pause in His presence. Observe as mental barriers get removed. Allow God to take you deeper than you can go on your own. Feel your faith getting stronger in the presence of the Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment