streams

streams

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Weight of Wisdom


“Wisdom is so priceless that it exceeds the value of any jewel. Nothing you could wish for can equal her.” (Proverbs 8:11 TPT)

When packing books, I always use small, sturdy boxes. I write the word ‘heavy’ in large letters on the top. I don’t want anyone to be surprised by the weight when they pick up these boxes. 

Small packages can sometimes be startlingly weighty. 

I have a friend who casually dumps little boxes of wisdom that way a ton. She drops these nuggets without preamble.  I’m usually unprepared to handle such weight without warning. If I’m distracted, I can miss these treasures that are buried in random conversations. I have learned to pay attention. 

Wisdom is priceless like a jewel. It can be hefty and unwieldy. If you need assistance, ask for help. Handle it with care. It often comes in unexpected packages with random artifacts. Take time to unpack it. Sort, sift, and disentangle that which is valuable. Recognize its worth.

Those who find true wisdom obtain the tools for understanding, the proper way to live,  for they will have a fountain of blessing pouring into their lives. To gain the riches of wisdom is far greater than gaining the wealth of the world.” (Proverbs 3:13 TPT)


No comments:

Post a Comment