streams

streams

Friday, April 9, 2021

Sacred Gratitude


“Let the giving of thanks be your sacrifice to God, and give the Almighty all that you promised.” (Psalm 50:14 GNT)

Keeping a gratitude journal reminds me to appreciate the positives in my life. It is a practice that puts me in a better mood. When I’m feeling sorry for myself, I try to quickly think of a few things for which I am thankful. I use this form of ‘generic’ gratitude as a coping mechanism to get me out of the dumps. 

Can gratitude have a sacred purpose?  

While generic gratitude makes us appreciate all that we have, sacred gratitude directs our attention to the Giver of everything. We suddenly find ourselves immersed in a hushed reverence. There is a shift in perspective. We are now able to offer both joys and sufferings to the Lord. Thankfulness becomes a vessel to honor and worship God.

“I’ll worship you passionately and bring to you my sacrifice of praise, drenched with thanksgiving!” (Psalm 116:17 TPT)  


No comments:

Post a Comment