streams

streams

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Beacons of Light


“See truly; look carefully—darkness blankets the earth; people all over are cloaked in darkness. But God will rise and shine on you; the Eternal’s bright glory will shine on you, a light for all to see.” (Isaiah 60:2 VOICE)


After my initial foray through the darkness with the running group, I bought my first headlamp. I tried it out at home. It had elastic straps that fit snugly on my head. The light could be tilted in different directions. I could choose between a steady light or a flashing strobe effect. I was excited about my new gadget. At the next night run, I showed up with my new headlamp. It only took a few miles before I realized that there was more to lighting the way than having a lamp. First of all, I was not used to having something strapped on my head. The heaviness bothered me. I discovered that the flashing strobe feature was annoying to everyone; a steady light was much more useful. The light needed to be directed down at the path, not straight at other runners. Wearing a headlamp was a weighty responsibility. Those following the light depended on you to keep your head steady while moving consistently forward. 


“I chose to pour My Light into you so that you can be a beacon to others. There is no room for pride in this position. Your part is to reflect MY Glory. I am the Lord.” (from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.)


People all over are cloaked in darkness. At certain seasons of life, some of us are given headlamps to be beacons to others. There is no reason to be prideful about this position. Flashy lights just annoy everyone. If God has chosen to pour His light into you, keep your head steady. This is a weighty responsibility. Point the light on the path for all to truly see. Look carefully before every step you take. Move forward consistently.

The current email delivery service for Blogger is being discontinued by July 2021. I have started posting the same content on Substack which delivers emails for free. To continue receiving daily emails, please subscribe at:  https://susannapeters.substack.com



No comments:

Post a Comment