streams

streams

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Interior Light


“I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of your imagination, flooding you with light...” (Ephesians 1:18 TPT)


The walk-in closet in my bedroom has ceiling lights that are difficult to reach. The light fixture has two bulbs. One of these burned out a few months ago, but I didn’t bother to replace it. Instead, I continued to pick out mismatched clothes in the dim light of the remaining bulb. Eventually, that one burned out too. I tried to manage with the external light from the bedroom, but it wouldn’t reach the recesses of the deep closet. Finally, I broke down and asked for help. My husband brought in the tall ladder and replaced the bulbs. Now I appreciate the brightness every time I walk into the closet. I don’t know why I waited so long!


My mind is a lot like a walk-in closet. There are times when I feel burned- out, confused, empty, and unmotivated. The thoughts I pick out in the gloom don’t always match reality. When my soul is shuttered in darkness, I crave the healing light of Christ. External light does not reach into the deep recesses and corners. Consistent internal light is essential. I can’t do this on my own. When I am broken down, I have learned to ask for help.  I pray for discernment, insight, vision, clarity, guidance, resilience, and endurance.  I wait for the Lord to flood my mind with His presence. I want to live in this light all the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment