streams

streams

Monday, June 7, 2021

Clearing Space


“After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray.” (Matthew 14:23 NIV)

I started training for my next marathon. For the next few months, I will have to invest more time and energy into this endeavor. Since I have a limited amount of these resources, I will have to pull out of some prior commitments to make time for this new routine. This is hard. As I look at my schedule, there is nothing I want to dismiss. Everything feels important. Yet, I know I must pare down and clear space. 

Crowds of people gathered around Jesus to hear him speak. He regularly dismissed them to go pray by himself.  I want to be more like Jesus. I want to make time and reserve energy for God. This is hard. Productivity and usefulness are important to me. I am reluctant to give up anything that makes me feel good or gives me immediate satisfaction. Yet, I know it must be done. I have to reevaluate my priorities and clear space. 

What can I dismiss from my current routine to be alone with God? 


No comments:

Post a Comment