streams

streams

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Recruiting Thoughts


“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.” (Proverbs 17:22 NLT)

My husband and I often run together. Sometimes we talk as we jog side by side. Other times we move forward in companionable silence. Occasionally I fall behind. When I notice myself slowing down, I quickly do a self-assessment.  What I have noticed is that my slumps have more to do with what is going through my mind than with my body. My pace falters when I am weighed down by negative thoughts. A sagging spirit leads to lagging legs. 

Endurance requires physical and mental strength. Recruiting thoughts that bolster you is just as important as activating proper muscles. Imagine you are a leader picking a team for an athletic feat. Your mind is filled with emotions, concerns, ideas, and messages--all vying for your attention.   Enlist thoughts that will help you accomplish your goal. For now, bench anything that drains your energy. Skip over self-critical soundtracks. Replay uplifting experiences. Manage your mind wisely.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment