streams

streams

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Maximizing Moments


Make the most of every moment and every encounter.” (Colossians 4:5 VOICE)

Writing a daily blog allows me the opportunity to connect with people remotely. In addition, I correspond privately with several individuals through emails, texts, and various online platforms. I am naturally  talkative. During in-person meetings and phone conversations, I have a tendency to direct the discourse and talk over others. Written communication reins in this weakness. It allows others to think and respond at their own pace. Introverts feel less pressure. Busy people can take their time. Best of all, those who find me annoying can ignore my messages. 

As I intentionally reach out to others, I am learning important lessons. Meaningful connection requires thought, honesty, vulnerability, and consistency. It stems from a desire to uplift and encourage others. Self-promotion, inauthenticity, and one-upmanship poison relationships. Natural human instincts compel us to be competitive. Divine nature nudges us toward compassion. Character drives behavior. By allowing God to direct every thought, word, and action, we can make the most of every moment and every encounter.


No comments:

Post a Comment