streams

streams

Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Privilege of Praise

“This is the glorious privilege of his faithful ones. Praise the Lord!” (Psalm 149:9 NLT) 

I heard the drumming sounds of the woodpecker before I saw it. I looked around until I spotted it on a light pole. The red-headed bird was tapping away, oblivious of my admiration. I couldn’t help but give praise to the Lord. 

I was watering the garden when I noticed the tiny tendrils shooting up from a plant that I thought was dead. The hard, dark stems from last year’s growth had been sticking out of the soil--but showed no signs of life until that day.  I couldn’t help but give praise to the Lord. 

I was cleaning up the kitchen after having some friends over for lunch. It was the first time that I had cooked for them since the pandemic had started a year ago. As I washed the dishes, I thought about this precious time of togetherness. I couldn’t help but praise the Lord. 

I had been praying about something for a while and had surrendered my concerns about this issue to God. Things didn't work out the way I was hoping.  After I took time to grieve, I recognized that I had learned and grown through the adversity. I couldn’t help but praise the Lord. 

The gift of faith comes with the privilege of praise. When we get to observe things through a supernatural lens and understand truths from a higher perspective, all of creation becomes magnified. During these moments of awareness, we can’t help but praise the Lord.

The current email delivery service for Blogger is being discontinued by July 2021. I have started posting the same content on Substack which delivers emails for free. To continue receiving daily emails, please subscribe at:  https://susannapeters.substack.com



No comments:

Post a Comment