streams

streams

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

In Tune with God


“O Lord, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you.” (Psalm 125:4 NLT)

Most musicians know when their instrument is out of tune. I live with two guitarists. They seem to have an innate sense of pitch. Every time they pick up a guitar, they pluck each string, listen carefully, and make adjustments. Tuning a guitar ‘by ear’ can be tricky. Thus, some guitars come with built-in tuners that light up when the strings are in tune.  This allows a guitar player to tell if his instincts ring true. 

I can’t tell if a guitar is perfectly in tune, but I notice when it is really off. Similarly, I can’t always discern when I am in tune with God, but I can sense when my life is discordant. I wonder if God created us with built-in tuners that light up when we are in tune with Him? When our thoughts and deeds are in harmony with God’s purpose, our souls vibrate at their intended pitch. Upright hearts amplify goodness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment