streams

streams

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Following in Trust


“Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the right path.” (Psalm 27:11 NLT)

My husband and I occasionally run with a friend named John. He joins us on early morning training runs. Our routes are often unfamiliar to him. My husband and I are detailed planners. We plan out each route, times, gear, hydration, and fuel like Navy Seals on a special operation. When John shows up to run with us, I always ask him if he wants to know where we are going. His answer is always the same: “No, I’ll just follow you.” I’m not sure if he is confident in our planning skills or in his own ability to fend for himself no matter where we take him!

On the journey of life, I would like to follow the Lord with confident trust. I want to focus on Jesus who leads the way. I  do not want to worry about the route, the darkness, how long it will take, or what I might need on the trail. I want to rely on the Lord completely for guidance. 

Lord, teach me how to live, lead me along the right path. Protect me from danger. Let me be aware of Your presence at all times. Converse with me and stay close. Be patient with me when I am slow. Do not leave me behind. Train me to be confident in You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment