streams

streams

Friday, November 5, 2021

Seasonal Perspectives


“Everything seems to go wrong when you feel weak and depressed. But when you choose to be cheerful, every day will bring you more and more joy and fullness.” (Proverbs 15:15 TPT)

In the summer, the sun rises early and sets late. There is no shortage of light-filled hours during this season. During these months, I wear dark sunglasses that shield my eyes against the sun’s bright glare. As winter approaches, and daylight becomes limited, I switch to yellow-tinted sunglasses. These provide enhanced contrast sensitivity when everything looks gray outside. Yellow lenses are also known to have positive effects on mood, as well as improve mental clarity.  I am intentional about making this switch as the seasons change. 

I have noticed other shifts in my perspective as I move through different seasons of life. Things that were important a few years ago no longer matter to me. In contrast, some things that appeared trivial now have great significance. When I am in a good mood, all seems well with the world. When I am sad, everything looks gloomy. Seasonal perspectives influence my emotions and my outlook. Thus, I have to be intentional about switching the lens through which I view everything. A filter of gratitude enhances contrast. It helps me remember all that is good and not take anything for granted.  I may not be able to change all that is wrong in this world, but I can choose my attitude and response. Looking at circumstances through the lens of spiritual awareness also brings clarity. Everything that is visible and invisible is a manifestation of Divinity and created for God’s purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment