streams

streams

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Gratitude Lists

“At each and every sunrise we will be thanking you for your kindness and your love. As the sun sets and all through the night, we will keep proclaiming, ‘You are so faithful!’” (Psalm 92:2 TPT)

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I like to start my preparation a week in advance. I make a banner with a list of things I am thankful for each year. The first few are usually obvious: health, family, love, friends, home, etc.  Once I start remembering, new categories that I had overlooked pop up continuously:

Natural wonders: oxygen, aquifers, rivers, lakes, edible plants, companionable animals, majestic mountains, oceans, birds, etc.

Functioning body parts and internal organs: heart, brain, blood vessels, spleen, pancreas, liver, intestines, muscles, ligaments, joints, bones, eyes, ears, senses of smell and taste, neurons, endocrine glands, hormones, lungs, etc. 

Utilities and services: Electricity, gas, water, phones, internet, trash pickup, snow removal, hospitals, pharmacies, grocery stores, mail services, etc.

Appliances and conveniences: Fridge, oven, stove, washer and dryer, indoor plumbing, sinks and faucets, hot and cold water, microwaves, pressure cookers, electric kettles, mixers, coffee maker, etc. 

Luxuries: books, music, beds, warm clothes, medical insurance, plenty of food, cars, garage, private bathrooms, running shoes, television, cell phones, laptops, headphones, etc.

Intangibles: time, energy, faith, trust, privacy, silence, safety, stability, abilities, opportunities, choices, intelligence, etc.

Lord, thank you for everything. I am overwhelmed by all the blessings. I realize how much I take for granted. Your constant presence and unfailing love surround me, but I don’t always acknowledge this. Remind me to be grateful every day and every night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment