streams

streams

Friday, January 7, 2022

Broken Glass


“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.” (Psalm 34:18 NLT)

I have a mosaic candle holder that looks like it is made of fragments of broken glass. I do not know how these vessels are made, but they are pieces of art. When I place a candle inside, the pieces of glass refract the light in unexpectedly beautiful ways. 

I can identify with the brokenness of this candle holder. I have been shattered and put back together multiple times. When I am crushed by pain, the Lord draws near.  He picks up the pieces and makes something new. He creates a mosaic from my disappointments, failures, and sadness.  He mends me and makes me whole. The Lord lights His fire within me.  This light is refracted in unexpectedly beautiful ways. In God’s hands, my afflictions become pieces of art that display His glory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment