streams

streams

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Private Blessings


 “Let giving flow from your heart, not from a sense of religious duty. Let it spring up freely from the joy of giving—all because God loves hilarious generosity.” (2 Corinthians 9:7 TPT)

 

The phrase ‘hilarious generosity’ in the above verse makes me smile. Other translations use the word ‘cheerful’ to express the type of giving that God loves. But I can relate to the concept of hilarious serendipity. God blesses me in such unexpectedly joyful ways. The Lord lets me in on inside jokes that I can’t explain to others. Even when I try, the impact is lost. I am sure He does the same with every individual. 

 

When we partner with God, we get to be part of this hilarious generosity. There is nothing obligatory about this type of giving. A joyful idea pops up and flows freely through you. It brings delight to both the giver and the recipient. An unexpected word of encouragement, a thoughtful act of service, a private prayer, a covert benediction--are all ways to collaborate with God. We are invited to be secret agents in the blessing game with the Lord. All we have to do is be willing and responsive to the Spirit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment