streams

streams

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Personal Lions

“My God sent His heavenly representative to shut the mouths of these hungry lions so that they could not hurt me.” (Daniel 6:22 VOICE)

I’m still thinking about Daniel and the lions. 

If the lions represent treacherous temptations, each of our dens of danger would look different. We may find ourselves surrounded by our addictions: alcohol, drugs, food, gambling, shopping, stimulation, validation, attention, etc. 

What personal lions do you face? 

My lions’ den would be filled with emotions like concern over loved ones, shame, uncertainty, frustration, anxiety, etc. I used to imagine the lions I faced were in the form of difficult circumstances, but now I realize my reactions are the real peril. Pernicious thoughts can tear my peace to shreds. This is what I need help with. 

Lord, shut the mouths of my lionized emotions. Do not let them cause harm. I pray that you would reveal the personal lions in each of our lives, so that we may be on guard. Teach us to trust and seek Divine help when we are in these lions’ dens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment