streams

streams

Friday, January 14, 2022

Mold Me

“You are like clay in My hands—I will mold you as I see fit.” (Jeremiah 18:6 VOICE)

I’m becoming quite the candle handler. Tea light candles are my favorite. These are little discs of wax that burn for about an hour. I’ve discovered that I can extend their usefulness by pressing the wax from the sides into the middle. The best time to do this is when the candle has been burning for a while and the wax is malleable. I scrape the wax from the edges and press it down closer to the wick. This method allows me to get the maximum light from each little candle. 

As I was pressing down the wax from yet another candle, I was struck by the following thoughts:

Are the trials of life meant to make me malleable? Does the Lord extend my usefulness by molding me when I am melted? When I feel hard pressed from every side, am I being moved closer to the Spirit burning in the center? 

Unlike candle wax, I have strong opinions about being handled. I don’t like being managed. I want transformation, but on my own terms. I desire sanctification sans suffering. I wish to be a light that shines without burning. Yet, I know this is not how things work, so I submit my will and pray with a trusting heart: 

Lord, melt me until I am malleable. Mold me as you see fit. Maximize the light of Your Spirit within me. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment