streams

streams

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Your Name


“I will give you a good name, a name of distinction...” (Zephaniah 3:20 NLT)

In the previous post, I included the lyrics and video to the song “Remind Me Who I Am” by Jason Gray. This song reminds me of so many uncomfortable truths. 

I see myself entering a large conference hall. By the door is a table with preprinted name tags. I reach over and pick up the name that was given to me by my family, the descriptors that have been assigned to me. 

“Responsible...for everyone’s discontent”

“Selfish”

“Disappointment”

I voluntarily attach these labels to myself, because that is what I’ve been told I am. I have difficulty accepting or responding to any other names.

God calls me by a different name: BELOVED

I am unable to recognize myself in this new name. I feel undeserving.

Fortunately, God’s grace is not merit based. His unconditional love is equally poured on everyone, including me.


No comments:

Post a Comment