streams

streams

Monday, January 24, 2022

Knowing Deeply


“If you brag, brag of this and this only. That you understand and know me. I’m God, and I act in loyal love. I do what’s right and set things right and fair, and delight in those who do the same things.” (Jeremiah 9:24 MSG)

 

I ‘knew of’ Molly before I ever met her. We were in the same local Facebook running groups. I saw her funny posts and sent her a friend request on Facebook. I met her in person at several races, and we exchanged pleasantries. A few years ago, she was a volunteer at a 50 km trail race that I was running. At a difficult point on the course, she held my hand as I crossed a waterfall. That moment drew us closer. Now we chat almost daily. We know what is going on in each others’ lives on a regular basis.  We can disagree about things, call each other out, hold each other accountable, and still remain friends. I have moved from knowing of Molly to understanding and knowing Molly. 

 

Similarly, there was a time that I ‘knew of’ God. I was born into a Christian family. I had heard and read about Him, participated in religious services regularly, and learned to pray daily. Yet, it took times of experiencing God’s presence through adversity for me to know Him deeply. I have witnessed the Lord setting things right.  I can attest to His loyal love. I have moved from knowing of God to understanding and knowing Him deeply.


No comments:

Post a Comment