streams

streams

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Big Miracles and Small Wonders

“O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
I would never come to the end of them.” (Ps. 40: 5 NLT)

God’s wonders are so common that sometimes we take them for granted. As I read these verses, I started thinking of all the prayers that have been answered this year. They are too numerous to list, but I have to mention a few of them. Several family members and friends have been healed. A few have been released from addictive tendencies. Homes have sold, financial burdens have been lifted, and marriages have improved. Some who lived in darkness are now walking towards the light. Several difficult situations have been resolved. These are the big miracles.

Now for the small wonders: For the last 2 weeks, we have been getting new wood floors installed in our main living area. All our furniture had to be moved and life has been a bit chaotic with the workers pounding away and coming and going at all hours. Today I have things back in their places. I am thankful to be able to sit while I eat my meals, write at my desk, and read in my chair. Once again, I have some order, quiet, and privacy in my life. I had taken these things for granted, until I lost them.

If I were to notice every blessing in each hour, in each day, I would never come to the end of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment