streams

streams

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lack of Conviction

I recently saw the movie “Avengers”. For me, the most memorable line was what Agent Colson said after he was stabbed by the villain, Loki:

Colson: “You will lose.”

Loki: “Why?”

Colson: “It’s in your nature … you lack conviction.”

I recognize this lack of conviction in myself. I have good intentions and big ideas. If I could save the world by making lists, I too would be a super hero. (I wonder if “Listmaker” would make it as a new super hero on the “Avengers” sequel. Ooh! Maybe they could get Natalie Portman to play me!)

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah… lack of conviction. I’m easily distracted, discouraged, and disillusioned. Until I’m willing to give up everything for what I believe is true, what I know is right, I can’t be a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment