streams

streams

Friday, May 11, 2012

Certain of God

“We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God.” (from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers)

Every day I face situations in which I feel unsure. What should I do? What should I say? Am I making things worse?

I don’t like uncertainty. I’ve never in my life uttered the phrase, “Surprise me!” I enjoy planning as long as I have some control over the events. Yet when planning my future, I realize I don’t have as much influence over the outcome as I’d like. This used to cause me a lot of anxiety. Until I accepted that God is in control.

What does it mean to be certain of God?

I am certain that God is with me. I also get the feeling that God’s love, understanding, and acceptance of me is beyond what I can muster up for myself or toward others. How do I know this? Because God has placed this surety in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment