streams

streams

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Who Put Your Ego in Charge?

I get annoyed when disorganized people pretend that God put them in charge. I figure that God would equip those whom He has called to be leaders with some managerial skills. Good intentions and vision do not make a leader, just as lack of planning and organization do not equal faith.

When a person is God-controlled, he/she will be under the influence of the Holy Spirit. I imagine that this person would be infused with godly perspective and judgment.

Let’s say I felt called to build a homeless shelter in my town. I definitely don’t have the skills to accomplish this on my own. Yet, if I am completely under the influence of God, I think I would be able to recognize the right people who do have the skills, connections equipment etc. to make this happen.

Or maybe I feel called to write, but I can’t spell or punctuate well. If God has given me access to someone with good editorial skills, I shouldn’t be too proud to beg for his/her assistance.

A person cannot be God-controlled and ego-controlled at the same time. As long as we are under the influence of our egos, we have no business taking on leadership roles in the name of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment