streams

streams

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Myth of a Secretive God

I admit, God can seem mysterious and elusive at times. I wish He would explain things to my satisfaction. I’ve often wondered why He doesn’t reveal Himself to everyone.

“God's wisdom is something mysterious that goes deep into the interior of his purposes. You don't find it lying around on the surface.” (1 Corinthians 2:7 MSG)

God is not obvious. His truths are not common knowledge. This is not an easy relationship. It’s not that He is intentionally secretive, but He is unfathomable. The more time I spend with Him, the more I realize how profound and enigmatic He really is! Yet, He reveals Himself daily in ways we can understand. He exhibits His glory in nature. He expresses His thoughts through scripture. He showed His love through Jesus.

“God, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business.” (Deuteronomy 29:29 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment